A little about us
In the heart of Auckland's historic Mt Eden Village is Timeout Bookstore. Established in 1988, this bookstore is renowned for its excellent and eclectic books, occasionally quirky window displays, the haven-like book room for children, and of course, its resident cat.
A favourite among the locals, Timeout Bookstore has offered a tranquil environment for all book lovers looking to escape the hustle and bustle of day-to-day living.
Timeout Bookstore has all genres accounted for along with friendly and knowledgeable staff who are always happy to help when sourcing that hard to find book.
Products and specialities
Children's Book Room
2008 Penguin Best Independent Bookstore
Metro Magazine Auckland's Best Bookshop 2009
Share what you love about this place...
- Amanda loved Time Out Bookstore
- Amanda loved Auckland Central Public Library
- Amanda loved Chapter Book and Tea Shop
- Amanda loved Arcadia Bookshop
- Amanda loved Jason Books
This is the most beautiful and adorable little book store I have ever been to! :)
As I’m still very much a child at heart, my favourite part of Time Out is the children’s section at the back. They have so many beautifully illustrated children’s books that make me wish I had friends with kids to buy them all for. The staff are really nice AND there’s a cat - what’s not to love?
- Annie loved Unity Books Limited
- Annie loved Arcadia Bookshop
- Annie loved Time Out Bookstore
- Annie loved Hard to Find (but worth the effort) Quality Secondhand Books Ltd
- Annie loved Classics and Suchlike Books
Any bookstore with a live-in cat is doing things right in my opinion. They have an interesting mix of books - great for browsing with no specific purpose. Time Out also has an amazing children’s section!
- Aimee loved Hard to Find (but worth the effort) Quality Secondhand Books Ltd
- Aimee loved Time Out Bookstore
- Aimee loved Unity Books Limited
- Aimee loved The Women's Bookshop
- Aimee loved Cook The Books
A Mt Eden village institution, this place is super cute and even has it’s own cat! The staff are all really lovely and knowledgeable, full of great recommendations - makes you glad you didn’t buy from somewhere online.
- Present shopper's paradise
- A noteworthy collection of books
- Ideal way to waste a lazy Sunday
- Legendary bookseller
- Best place for your magazine fix
What makes Time Out so wonderful is the staff's dedication, sheer knowledge and friendliness. They KNOW books, and there are always at least two people working so they can spend time talking to customers whilst still providing an excellent and efficient service. They also have a shop cat, Lucinda. Best.