At Localist we connect New Zealanders to information, events, businesses and services in their local area. That’s why we love hearing what people have to say about their patch and we’re really proud of how our website helps New Zealanders find out: what’s good around here!
Whether you are a:
- business customer (or an authorised administrator of a business customer) creating a free digital listing, updating or amending your existing advertisement or product listing, or otherwise posting or uploading content on our website, or
- an advertising agency doing that on behalf of your client, or
- a consumer interacting with our website to find out what’s going on in their local area or to let other consumers know what they Love about a local business or service, or to buy products or request rewards through the Localist Store,
You need to be a registered user.
We have restricted access to some parts of our website to users who have registered with us and, in some cases, who also meet certain criteria. For example, you must register with us if you want to upload or post any content to our website or use the Localist Store. This applies whether you are a business customer or a consumer, or an authorised administrator of a business customer.
When you register with our website, you will be required to select a user name and password. You must keep those confidential and you mustn’t disclose them to anyone else. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name or password you must let us know straight away by reporting the issue.
How do I report an issue?
You can notify us about any unauthorised use of your user name or password, or about any complaints you may have about the content of our website, using the Contact Localist link in the footer of each page on our website, or at the base of every listing or content post on our mobile application.
Being a contributor
If you are a registered user, you can interact with our website in many ways including through expressing your Love for a business, posting comments, creating a free digital listing, or purchasing products in the Localist Store.
Our goal is to promote you to ‘Share the things you Love locally’ in a positive, safe, honest and constructive environment. To achieve this goal, it is important to be fair and honest in your opinions and any content that you upload or post. We ask that you only post meaningful, respectful content, avoiding remarks that are off-topic or offensive.
When you use or interact with our website or make contact with other users of our website, you will:
- make sure that any content you post or upload onto our website for any purpose:
- is complete and accurate and is not misleading or confusing (in relation to a free digital listing this includes any representations or claims about your business and your membership of any business or trade associations)
- is owned by you or you have the rights to provide it to us for use and distribution on our website or as part of your free digital listing
- does not infringe anyone else’s intellectual property or privacy rights and is not illegal, defamatory, discriminatory, offensive, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable
- make sure that you do not provide any content about or concerning a third party without that third party’s consent
- comply with our advertising policy
- comply with all relevant laws, regulations, codes and standards (including in relation to the products and services being advertised through a free digital listing and any content you provide for a free digital listing)
- not advertise any product that is subject to an unsafe goods notice
- not damage, interfere or harm our website, or any network or system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so
- not introduce any content or code to this website which is technologically harmful
- not use a robot, spider, scraper or other unauthorised automated means in relation to our website or any information featured on them for any purpose.
You agree that any content you post or upload onto our website may be used, copied, distributed or disclosed by us.
You are not allowed to advertise or otherwise attempt to sell products or services for money through a personal registration, or through personal posts or comments, on our website – this may only be done through an advertisement or product listing. This is to protect all of our consumers from rogue traders, scams, spam, and misleading or false advertising. User content that asks for contact information from other users except via an advertisement is also not allowed and we will remove any such content from our website that comes to our attention. Likewise, any posts or comments soliciting donations of money from consumers may be removed.
We will remove content that is not meaningful.
Free Digital Listing
Where you are creating a free digital listing you must be a genuine business, making use of our website for legitimate purposes.
At Localist, we want to make sure that our products and services are relevant and appropriate to our business customers and consumers. This means that, in relation to your free digital listing, we have the right to enforce our advertising policy and to:
- determine the categories in which your free digital listing will appear
- determine the placement of your free digital listing within those categories (and in relation to third party advertisements within those categories)
- ask you to substantiate any claims about your business, products or services that you make in your free digital listing
- require amendments to your free digital listing
- refuse to accept or publish your free digital listing
- cancel or remove your free digital listing.
Contextually placed ads from competing or related businesses may be placed next to, and disrupt, your free digital listing. You can remove these ads by upgrading to a Marketplace paid listing. Alternatively you can request us to remove your free digital listing and we will honour your request within 5 business days. Please note however that any publically available directory information concerning your business will remain on the website.
Our business recognition scheme
When you place a free digital listing on our digital product, your participation in our business recognition scheme will be governed by our recognition and rewards policy, a copy of which is available on our website.
We will set the business rules and parameters for the business recognition scheme, which determines how businesses are "rated" on our website, at our sole discretion.
Where your free digital listing will appear in relation to other businesses through the search function of our website and digital product will depend on a number of factors which we may determine at our sole discretion.
Our consumer rewards scheme
Any consumer who has registered with us may earn ‘tokens’ for activities such as Loving a business under our consumer rewards scheme.
You can use your tokens to request rewards in the Localist Store. Not all products listed in the Localist Store are available as rewards. You will know which products are available as rewards because the product listing will tell you the number of tokens you need to request that reward.
Your participation in our consumer rewards programme is governed by our recognition and rewards policy, a copy of which is available on our website.
The Localist Store provides a venue for consumers to purchase products from sellers. We do not take any part in the sale of products other than providing the Localist Store as the venue.
If you buy a product in the Localist Store using the 'Buy Now' function and we have received the purchase price, a contract of sale will be formed between you and the seller directly. We do not act as agent for you or the seller, including where we accept credit card payments on behalf of the seller. You need to contact the seller directly if you want a refund.
If you use the Buy Now function and pay by credit card, we simply pass your payment on to the seller less our transaction fee. All purchases will be charged to your credit card in New Zealand dollars.
If you use the Localist Store to make a purchase, you agree:
- to comply with any special terms and conditions relating to the sale of the product, such as age restrictions for alcohol
- to attempt to resolve any issue about a product with the seller
- to keep us informed about any problem transaction before requesting a payment reversal from your card issuer or bank
- to return the products with their original packaging if you seek a refund from a seller (e.g. where the products are not as described in the Localist Store or arrive damaged)
- we may use credit card or other payment information you provide to us to withdraw money from your account for the purchase price and, where you've elected to do so, we may store that information for future purchases you make. We will only withdraw money for this purpose if you have used the Buy Now function and confirmed the purchase.
You agree that transactions between you and sellers are conducted entirely at your own risk. We make no representations to you in relation to the products sold or listed in the Localist Store including:
- about the ownership of any product
- the safety, appropriateness, quality, fitness for purpose or legality of any product
- that any product will meet your requirements or expectations.
The product listing will state whether you need to collect your products from the seller, or whether delivery will be arranged for you. If we arrange delivery for you, we will tell you on the product listing what the applicable delivery charges are. The delivery charges will be withdrawn from your account along with the purchase price for the product and form part of the total order value. If products are delivered, then any issues regarding delivery (such late delivery or products which arrive damaged) will need to be resolved between you and the seller and/or delivery company. We have no liability to you for any delay in, or damage caused during, the delivery of any product(s).
If you buy a voucher in the Localist Store you agree:
- a voucher is to be redeemed with the supplier, subject to any terms set out on in the product listing or on the voucher itself
- vouchers cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promotions, unless the supplier specifies otherwise
- vouchers must be used in full, and no change will be given by the supplier
- vouchers are not transferable for other goods or services or cash
- the voucher is your responsibility and neither we nor the supplier will be liable if the voucher is lost, stolen or damaged
- vouchers can only be redeemed by you up until their expiry date specified on the product listing and on the voucher itself (if any)
- your use of a voucher to purchase alcohol is at the discretion of the seller and is subject to compliance with applicable law.
You will own (or continue to have the right to use) any content that you upload for use in your free digital listing or product listing.
We own, or are licensed to use, all rights including copyright in:
- our website, mobile applications and digital product
- our trade marks, brand names, badges, icons, logos and domain names
- data that we collect or that is generated through or in relation to our website
- all content published, contained, posted or uploaded in or on our website including comments made in response to advertisements (except for content that belongs to you, or is identified as belonging to another party, and that you use in your free digital listing or product listing). As copyright owners, we get to decide who gets to use that content and the kinds of use they can make of it.
You may produce (electronically or in hard copy) and use content on our website for your personal use only. In all other circumstances you must get our written consent before reproducing or otherwise using that content. If you wish to use any third party content identified as such on our website, you must obtain the prior consent of the relevant owner. This includes contents of websites you access via links from our website.
What are we liable for?
You use our website at your own risk.
We do not guarantee that our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, or that any content provided on our website is error free or reliable.
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that we have no responsibility to you or any third party for) any content that you create, upload, transmit, post or display while using our website and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which we may suffer as a result). This is despite the fact that we may moderate some of the content on our website.
We are not your agent or the agent of any person who uses or advertises through our website. We have no involvement or responsibility in any dealing or transaction that arises between you and any user of our website. You must deal with any user of our website directly to complete any transactions or to resolve any issues arising from them.
Neither we nor any other company in the New Zealand Post Group of companies (or any employees, contracts and agents of any company in the New Zealand Post Group), will be liable for any claims, losses, or costs and expenses which arise out of or are connected with your use of the Localist Store, or the use of any products which a consumer may purchase or receive through the Localist Store, except liability that cannot be lawfully excluded.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you suffer in connection with your use of our website or your use of, or reliance on, information contained on or accessed through our website. You understand that by using our website, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable.
Our website may contain hypertext links to other websites that are not operated by us. These links are provided for your convenience and interest only.
We will not investigate or monitor the hypertext links to other websites. You link to them at your own risk.
We are not responsible for information contained on any website that you link to from our website and any such link should not be taken as endorsement of any other site or products offered on that site.
You are welcome to create a hyperlink to our website from another site owned by you. However, this link must not be presented on your site in any way that implies that our website has an association with your site, or endorses your site or products. Our name or any of our logos must not be used on your site without our written consent.
We may provide our business customers with buttons, which will allow these businesses to link their websites with their Localist listings. Use of such buttons must meet our Terms of Business at all times.
If you create a hypertext link to our website, you are responsible for all direct and indirect consequences of the link. You indemnify us for all loss we suffer in connection with any link you have created.
Information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. However, we have physical, electronic and managerial processes in place to protect the information we collect via our website.
Any information sent through our website is passed through a secure server using encryption technology.
All stored customer data is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
When we collect personal information about you through our digital product we will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with our Privacy and Security Policy, which is available on our website at www.localist.co.nz.
Please have a look at our Privacy and Security Policy to make sure that you are comfortable with how information on your public user profile on our website will be available to other consumers – particularly your activity around checking in using our mobile app, and when other consumers follow you through our digital product.
Our website is governed by New Zealand law. When you access our website, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
advertisement means a business page or community page on our digital product by a paying advertising customer or legitimate community or charitable organisation which has accepted our sales order and terms of business in relation to that advertisement, or a free digital listing page
advertising policy means our policy, as updated from time to time, setting out the requirements that our business customers must comply with when supplying content for use in their advertisement, free digital listing or product listing. Our advertising policy can be found on our website
authorised administrator of a business customer means an individual who has been confirmed by a business customer as having editorial rights in relation to that business customer’s advertisement on our digital product or product listing
consumer means an individual user of our website
content means any information, comments, claims, statements, photographs, images, video, sounds, text, data, trade marks, brands or logos
digital product means our online local information service for connecting consumers with local businesses, events and services in local areas across New Zealand, which can be accessed through our website, mobile phone application and social media
free digital listing means a free listing of your business details on our digital product, in a form which conforms to our product specifications for free digital listings
Localist Store means the part of our website found at www.localist.co.nz/store where sellers can list products for sale or as rewards and consumers can purchase those products and claim rewards
mobile application means our mobile application(s) for accessing our digital product and website
product means the goods, services or vouchers that a seller lists for sale to consumers in the Localist Store
product listing means the description of a business customer's product that appears in the Localist Store and includes any pictures or images of the product, any written description of the product, quantity of available products, and any terms and conditions that apply to vouchers
public user profile means the display name chosen by you which is displayed when you interact with our website as a contributor
rewards means rewards provided to a consumer (in exchange for tokens) as described in our recognition and rewards policy
seller means a business customer that lists products for sale or as rewards in the Localist Store
we/our/us means Localist Limited and our successors or assigns
you means the person accessing or using our website, digital product or mobile application and includes business customers, authorised administrators of a business customer and consumers.
Version 2.2: last updated 05/02/13