Ready for business? You will be when you set up your Marketplace. You can add pages, events, offers, news, photos, social media feeds and a whole lot more. Let’s get started...
1. Upgrade your marketplace. If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to upgrade online to access all this good stuff. Then simply access your account through the My Marketplace link when you’re logged in.
2. Check your settings. View and change key settings on your account, including your email address, password and location, by clicking edit account.
3. Add your tagline and URL. If you have a tagline or phrase that really describes your business, you can feature it in your marketplace. You can also make your listing address easy to remember by adding your business name to your URL, e.g. www.localist.co.nz/l/localist.
4. Upload photos and logo. You can nominate one image to be your logo and it will appear at the top left of your marketplace. Nominate another to be your icon and you might even feature on one of our homepages. If you’d like a professional photoshoot, we can help with that too.
5. Write your business description. A good business description will tell people quickly and simply what you’re all about - and why you’re great to do business with.
6. Link Facebook and Twitter. To integrate your Facebook and Twitter feeds directly into your marketplace on Localist, simply add your Facebook and Twitter accounts under the ‘contact details’ area, and your feeds will display on the right hand side of your marketplace for everyone to see.
7. Post news, events and special offers. Adding content is a great way to promote your marketplace. The better your offer or the bigger your event, the most exposure you’ll enjoy.
8. Add more pages. You can add extra pages to your marketplace by clicking ‘new page’. Use these much like you would pages on a website, e.g. ‘About us’
9. Upload a video clip. There is no better way to showcase your business than with video clips - they really make your business come alive! If you’d like a professional film shoot, we can help with that too.
10. Tell people! You know how important word of mouth is to your business, so remember to tell people to visit your marketplace to add ratings and reviews, and stay in touch with your current news and offers.