A little about us
Sal's Pizza in New Zealand was started by 2 longtime friends - Nick from Auckland and Ciaran from Queens, New York.
The name comes from Salvatore 'Sal' Leo, who owns Sal's Pizza in Queens and shared with Ciaran his legendary recipes. Nick, who spent four years of university in the US, always wished there was a place in Auckland where you could get a great slice of New York-style pizza. So in 2008 Nick and Ciaran decided to make this dream a reality by opening Sal's Pizza in Auckland.
Now anyone can go in an grab a slice of authentic NY-style pizza, half a world away from the original.
Products and specialities
New York style pizza dine-in or delivery (5pm-9pm $6 delivery charge).
Buffalo chicken wings and New York style mozzarella sticks.
- Price Range: Reasonable
- Ambience: Lively
- Accepts credit cards: Yes
- Noise level: Bustling
- Licence: Alcohol free
- Food Options: Vegetarian
Share what you love about this place...
Pizza slices the size they should be!
- David loved Sals Authentic New York Pizza Commerce Street
- David loved Miss Clawdy
- David loved Carl's Jr - Queen St
- David loved Southern Maid Donuts - Queen Street
- David loved Bonz Cajun Kitchen
I don’t think there is a place where you can order a pizza quite as large and authentic as the american style ones they do at Sals. This place really is the american pizza experience, they even had a guy with an american accent take my order over the phone.
- Jay Bee loved Sals Authentic New York Pizza Commerce Street
- Jay Bee loved Burger King Wairau Park
- Jay Bee loved Federal Delicatessen
- Jay Bee loved Miss Clawdy
- Jay Bee loved Orleans
The original store on the iconic Commerce Street in Aucklands downtown district. The authentic Italian-American recipe closely guarded by hard-working dough-makers and friendly serving staff. This is why we love Sals!
Pizza, if only they delivered!!
The most unforgettable pizza! I will never have pizza hut again! :D
Everyone I know raved about these pizzas and my, they lived up to the comments!
- Kerri loved Toto's Pizza & Toto's Pizza Restaurant
- Kerri loved La Padella Italian Restaurant
- Kerri loved Crust Pizza Parnell
- Long time favourite
- Kerri loved The Mediterranean Restaurant