A little about us
It was in 1994 that Gina Maio and her husband started Gina's Italian Kitchen on Symonds Street, introducing true trattoria-style dining to Auckland.
Nowadays, Joyce and Alessandro have taken over the beloved establishment since Gina's retirement in 1998, continuing their tradition of preparing warm, hearty Italian food served in a joyful and lively atmosphere with exuberant service from saucy Italian waiters!
Products and specialities
Great Italian food, hospitality and service, noisy fun atmosphere, great waiters, and NOW catering!
- Price Range: Reasonable
- Ambience: Lively
- Accepts credit cards: Yes
- Noise level: Bustling
- Licence: This venue is licenced, This venue has BYO
- Food Options: Vegetarian
Share what you love about this place...
- Angela loved Santos Cafe
- Angela loved The Fox Sports Bar
- Angela loved Gina's Italian Kitchen
- Angela loved The Shakespeare
- Angela loved Cavalier Tavern Limited
This is a great place to watch an Italian game during the next world cup! You can get a delicious meal, order from their extensive wine list and really make the most of watching some great World Cup Football. And although no expected to win the World Cup in Brazil - the Italians will certainly play some great football.
- Rebecca loved Ponsonby International Food Court
- Rebecca loved Mexico - Auckland Central
- Rebecca loved Oh Calcutta Indian Restaurant
- Rebecca loved Blue Elephant Thai Restaurant
- Rebecca loved Gina's Italian Kitchen
Oh Gina’s. Just thinking about this place makes my mouth water! My dad is Italian, so I like to think I know good Italian food when I taste it. Gina’s is one of my favourite restaurants in Auckland. It’s warm and welcoming with truly delicious food that tastes like it was cooked in your grandma’s kitchen. More than the food though, the experience is worth the trip. You’ll really feel like you’re in Italy!
- Sez Niederer loved Toto's Pizza & Toto's Pizza Restaurant
- Sez Niederer loved Sals Authentic New York Pizza Queen Street
- Sez Niederer loved Hell Pizza - Northcross
- Sez Niederer loved Gina's Italian Kitchen
- Sez Niederer loved Degree Gastrobar
Good for a girl’s night out, Gina’s do a huge range of tasty pizzas! If you ask to book on the right night, the waiters serve topless too! Lol. Packed with yummy Italian flavours and served in a nice restaurant setting with lots of options to suit all tastes!
- Sarah loved Sals Authentic New York Pizza Parnell
- Sarah loved il buco - pizza & coffee
- Sarah loved Pane & Vino
- Sarah loved Gina's Italian Kitchen
- Sarah loved Toto's Pizza & Toto's Pizza Restaurant