A little about us
Centrally located Japanese restaurant that is Robata-Yaki style, which means you can have mouth watering grilled or deep fried food from our open kitchen. We offer a range of snack sized dishes so that you can sample and share the food with friends and family.
Nishiki is the ideal spot to hang out or catch up with your friends and family with our extensive range of sake selection - hot or cold.
We offer dishes such as sushi, beef tataki, sashimi, tempura, yakitori (grilled skewers), udons, shabu shabu (hot pot), as well as dessert and much more.
Bookings are recommended. Kitchen close at 10pm.
Products and specialities
Sushi, beef tataki, sashimi, tempura, yakitori (grilled skewers), udons, shabu shabu (hot pot), Kobachi (salad), dessert, hot and cold sake
- Price Range: Reasonable
- Ambience: Lively
- Accepts credit cards: Yes
- Smoking area: Yes
- Takes reservations: Yes
- Noise level: Bustling
- Licence: This venue is licenced, This venue has BYO
- Food Options: Vegetarian
- Off street parking: Yes
Share what you love about this place...
- Tam loved Masu Japanese Robata Restaurant & Bar
- Tam loved Tanuki's Cave
- Tam loved Kura Japanese Restaurants
- Tam loved Fuji Teppan-Yaki
- Tam loved Nishiki Japanese Restaurant
Good place to go with a group, friendly service and BYO
- Anitra loved Fong Mei Cafe
- Anitra loved Dos Amigos Cantina
- Anitra loved Nishiki Japanese Restaurant
- Anitra loved Bona Cafe
- Anitra loved Cafe Hanoi
Nishiki was the port of call before a night out in Ponsonby and our friend arranged for us all to come here beforehand to eat and drink before heading out as it is BYO. It is always quite fun ordering from here, everything is very cheap and you choose a whole bunch of little things to eat at one time. A must get is the chips with maple syrup - sounds so weird and that is what I thought but it is SO yum. We got so many dishes I can hardly remember most of them but I do remember there was nothing I did not enjoy. So we ended up getting quite drunk and gave the waiters some grief with our drunken antics and we have been too scared to return since. Hopefully by now they have forgotten our faces. Definitely one of my favourite Japanese restaurants.
- Hong Kong style
- Join the queue
- The best dumplings in town?
- Something for everyone
- Malaysian icon
- Handmade and fresh every day
- Still the tastiest and the cheapest on the strip
- Something for everyone
- The Indian restaurant that keeps on giving!
- In search of the perfect risotto
- Bridge of goodness
- I'm drinking sake
- Japanese taste fusion
- Date night at Tanuki's
- Bustling Japanese joint
- Sarah loved Pane & Vino
- Sarah loved Nishiki Japanese Restaurant
- Sarah loved SakeBar Nippon
- Sarah loved Sri Pinang Malaysian Restaurant