Localist’s search function matches the most relevant business listings to each search. We look at your business name, your location, your business description, your list of products and services, raves you may have on your listing and any posts you have added.
There are a number of things you can do to make sure your business is as relevant as possible and, as a result, rank higher and get found more often.
1. Write a great description. Think about the words potential customers might use to find you on Google, and then use these keywords in your description. Keep your description to 3-6 lines and use short sentences.
2. Check your map. To make sure the right map is shown on your listing, display a physical address for your business. Make sure the address is formatted and spelt correctly. You must also include your suburb.
3. Choose the right categories. Make sure you’re listed in the right categories. If you have a standard Listing Page your business can appear in up to three categories for free. If you upgrade to a full Business Page, your business can appear in six categories.
4. Encourage customers to rave about you. Localist recognises businesses that receive great feedback from customers. Your business earns points for receiving positive ratings (2.5 stars or above) and raves.
5. Add fresh content. Search engines read all the pages, news, events, offers and raves on your listing. So if you haven’t upgraded to a full Business Page yet, it’s a really good idea. That way, you’ll be able to add lots more of the content that search engines love.
6. Socialise your page. Localist Business Pages let you link your listing to these sites, meaning your posts, offers and events can spread even further. You can also share YouTube videos about your business on your listing.