A little about us
Kelly Tarlton's Antarctic Encounter and Underwater World offers a unique Pacific and Southern Oceans marine experience.
The Antarctic Encounter is home to New Zealand's only colony of sub-Antarctic penguins, offering a rare opportunity to see the playful King and Gentoo penguins up close.
In the Underwater World get face to face with sharks, stingrays, and fish, along the world's first curved aquarium tunnel.
The adventurous can choose to take part in an animal encounter - snorkelling with the sharks with Shark Cage, or diving cage-free with Shark Survival.
Products and specialities
- Take your visit to the next level with a Shark Cage or Shark Dive experience!
- Onsite Cafe
- Gift shop
- Wheelchair accessible
Share what you love about this place...
Loved the underwater tunnels gives a new exprience of looking at water wild life
- Sarah loved Stardome Observatory & Planetarium
- Sarah loved Rainbow's End
- Sarah loved Seedling - Remuera
- Sarah loved Kelly Tarlton's Antarctic Encounter & Underwater World
- Sarah loved Q Rabbit
Who doesn’t love an under the sea birthday bash?