Experience Auckland Zoo every day and be the first to know what's going on with our animals and keepers.
Friends of the Zoo benefits include:
- Unlimited daytime entry to Auckland Zoo 364 days a year (9.30am to 5pm / 5.30pm, last entry 4.15pm)
- Free subscription to the Zoo's official magazine Zoo Alive
- Invitations to exclusive events, competitions and prize draws
- 20 per cent discounted entry to Zoo evening events
- 15 per cent discount on Zoom (behind the scenes) experiences, Safari Nights and photography workshops
- 20 per cent discount on Zoo entry for additional friends and family attending with you
- 10 per cent discount at the Zoo's Wild Zone Gift Shop and Zoo cafes (excludes items like stamps, postcards and phonecards)
- 20 per cent discount off standard entry to Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World* on presentation of your membership
- 20 per cent discount off entry to MOTAT. All you need to do is show your valid Friends of the Zoo pass at the gate.
- Personalised membership passes, free parking, and more!
- PLUS, look out for other special offers and surprise treats throughout the year via email! To receive these, make sure we have your email address.
- * Special conditions apply
Adult/child flexipass $160
The perfect gift for someone small who loves animals is an Adult/child flexipass.
This type of membership is in the name of a child aged less than 15yrs, plus a 'guest' pass for any accompanying adult. That means Mum or Dad can take them along, or Grandma, or Uncle, the nanny, or your visiting best friend from overseas. They are bound to be the most popular child around with their very own Adult/child flexipass!
If there is more than one animal lover in your family, the Family membership offers great value. Two adults and up to three dependent children each get their own individual membership passes. That way you can visit separately or all together and noone misses out!
For anyone aged 15yrs or above. The pass allows one adult entry to the Zoo. The pass holder can also bring in their children if they are aged 0-3yrs, as this age group is free, so this pass is great for new parents. $100
If you are one-half of a Couple or know one that deserves something special, a couple's membership is an opportunity for a whole year's worth of romantic dates and quality time together. If they have young children less than 4yrs old, this type of membership also allows them either to bring the kids along separately or together.
For anyone aged 65yrs or above. The sunset years are the perfect time to take advantage of having extra time, and indulge a love of wildlife. Senior pass holders can also bring in children aged below 4yrs old free, so grandparents will love it!
Auckland Zoo is a place of learning and education as well as fun. The Student membership is the same as the adult membership, but available at a discounted price for secondary and tertiary students (aged over 15yrs and with valid ID).
Help round out the education of a hard working student, by enabling them to spend time at Auckland Zoo.
Additional children $35
Add an additional child to your Family membership or your Adult/child flexipass, and noone gets left out.
If you have a large family with more than three children, you can simply add on as many additional dependent children as you like to your Family membership.
The 'guest' pass that goes with the Adult/child flexipass membership is associated with the named child. This means an adult using the 'guest' pass can only enter the Zoo if accompanied by the named child. If you add an Additional Child to your Family or Adult/child flexipass membership, this makes it possible for the adult using the 'guest' pass to bring in either child.
Cub pass $5
A Cub Pass is the same as an Additional Child, but for children who are aged from 0-3yrs. Although these children are free to enter Auckland Zoo, sometimes they want their own personalised membership pass with photo, and a Cub Pass allows this.
The 'guest' pass that goes with the Adult/child Flexipass membership is associated with the named child. This means an adult using the 'guest' pass can only enter the Zoo if accompanied by the named child. If you add a Cub to your Family or Adult/child flexipass membership, this makes it possible for the adult using the 'guest' pass to bring in either child.